BROWSE BY CATEGORY

POLICIES

Hi Friends! Iā€™m Natalie Mason. I live in Charleston, SC and I am mom to Sterling 12 , Frances Moon 8 and our mini golden doodle Dolly.

LEARN MORE

RECIPES

Browse my easy, family-friendly recipes and get some dinner inspiration!

FASHION

Check out my outfit ideas and family finds for inspiration.

BEAUTY

My best beauty tips and tricks for glowing skin and shiny hair.

SHOP LTK

Visiting Charleston?

check out my faves!

Thoughts For Friday

Sep 30, 2011

I wanted to share pictures from the wedding we attended last weekend which was amazing. Truly one of the best weddings I have been to, but of course I forgot my camera. I did manage to snag two pics of Matt and I on my IPhone. I went with the black one shoulder dress. Voting was mixed and in the end I had to trust my mom and sister’s opinions, so the black dress won (yes, I did wear a one-shoulder dress both nights:).

Last night Matt and I finally watched Bridesmaids. Holy crap that movie was funny. There are so many things I want to discuss like the weird foreign brother and sister Kristen Wing lived with, the plane flight scene, and the mom with the 3 boys. Lets just say Matt and I both loved the movie. If you have not seen it please rent it asap!

For dinner we cooked some Truffled Lobster Ravioli I picked up at the Charleston Farmers Market. We made a white wine butter sauce to serve it with it and was ridiculously good. Local readers you should definitely check out the pasta stand at the Charleston Farmers Market. I am super excited because I am headed back Saturday to score some more goodies!

**Note that is not our ravioli picture I scarfed it down before I thought to take a picture!**

Last weekend in Blowing Rock I ended up at an Old Navy Store. Now I am normally not an Old Navy shopper, I usually never have luck there. Since there were no other shops in sight I browsed. I found this dress on sale for $14.00. I need an honest opinion, are the stripes too much? Is the dress too 1980’s? I kind of liked it and thought it reminded me of Marc Jacobs/PRADA stripes but I am not totally sold. I know it was cheap but is it cute? I pictured it with high heeled booties for fall. Be honest because I am happy to return it!

US Weekly is reporintg Nicole Ritchie had a boob job and from the pictures it looks true. I am surprised as she doesn’t seem the type to me to want big boobs.

My little man is totally ready for Halloween. He loved playing with my mom’s pumpkins and gourds while we were home last weekend. His costume is another story! I need to get on it!

Lastly, does anyone have suggestions for getting their Toddler to brush their teeth? I can get Sterling to brush his teeth for maybe 10 secs before he clamps up! It is a struggle every night! Any advice is much appreciated!

Happy Weekend! Hope it is a great one!

PREVIOUS POST

NEXT POST

+ view comments

1. You look gorgeous! And i've had that lobster ravioli and actually thought it was awful, ha! Love the farmers market.

2. Old Navy dress – so cute! I'd pair it with black heels, some TB reva flats, or flat boots too. It's adorable! I used to live up in the Blowing Rock area right after college and would hit up the Coach and Polo outlets like crazy. Did you guys get to go into to the little town of Blowing Rock? They have a cute little boutique called Libbas…not sure if it's there anymore.

3. Cait says:

stripes are in this year girl and you can totally rock the dress šŸ™‚ super cute! ps that lobster ravioli looks amazing! recipe?!

4. try the toothbrush that you put on your finger and then in their mouth…helped up, or one with lots of bells and whistles(rotates, lights up, etc) that ravioli looks amazing!

5. i love your dress!!! i think its super cute on you, and the fact that it was only 14 dollars makes it even better! happy weekend!!! xx.

6. pretty pretty sweet Natalie! As far as toothbrushing is concerned, this is one area where I may possibly have some advice. Wells is OBSESSED we actually keep toothbrushes all over the house and in her diaper bag now because she is always wanting to use one. mostly she just chews but she loves her treat when we actually let her use toothpaste. She prefers crest whitening šŸ™‚ So maybe just let him start playing with one and see if that helps!

7. lnw says:

I LOVE the striped dress. Heels or booties would be perfect – you can add tights and a blazer too. Looks great!

8. Jill says:

I love that Old Navy dress, I never go there because I never have any luck, but I am tempted to see if I can find that dress too!!

With Scarlett I just put the training toothpaste (there is a picture of Little Bear on the tube) with a toothbrush the lights up and plays a song..she loves to keep it in her mouth and she will let me brush her teeth

9. MrsAC says:

love the stripe dress.. and it will look killer with a pair of booties. as far as toothbrushes go- my son(who is 2 years now) struggles as well. sometimes he is into, sometimes he cries/squirms the whole time. what i did- bought him one of the electric toothbrushes. they have bat man, sponge bob, etc etc.. all different colored ones. perhaps he would enjoy of those? i think the electric ones probably get his teeth better than i was with the regular brushes.

i know it isnt much advice, but i hope it helps!
    –Ashley
    babycordle.blogspot.com

10. I think the dress looks great on you! Keep it!

The brushing teeth is tough! I have a song I sing so she knows its time and she comes running. She lets me get 10 secs in but I just give her the brush and she does her thing for a minute or two. Not the best but hopefully she is hitting something : )

11. Sara Mueller says:

I love the dress! You look great!

12. Holly says:

I just saw your blog for the first time, and since you are asking for thoughts on the dress I figured I'd comment- I love it! Please keep it because it is too cute to pass up! Booties would pair nicely. šŸ™‚

13. Amanda Hill says:

First love the dress it does have a Prada feel and a great price! Second I kinda think Nicoles boobs look good…maybe she just wanted them back in there original spot after babies :>) Oh how they change things! You look amazing at the wedding too!

14. I like that sweater dress, it is not too full of stripes…what about a blazer if you feel like it is too much? Your son is adorable and the one shoulder dress looks fantastic on you!

15. That dress looks amazing on you. Keep it!!

16. caycee says:

Girl I think that dress looks awesome def. keep it! Cant wait to check out the farmers Market tomm! Think I may drag Todd along too since he is now a free man šŸ™‚

17. Michaela says:

Aww you guys look great! Love your one shoulder (: I think the stripes are cute…especially on you! Sterling is looking so grown up…holy cow!!!

18. Vanessa says:

I like the striped dress, but i would definitely pair it with a solid cardi and maybe a solid scarf or even some kind of longer blazer, but def cute!!!! Nicki Richie looks great, after 2 kids that calls for a little artificial help in that area!

19. I'm thinking it's a go on the Old Navy dress, you can totally rock that! And I totally think that Nichole got a boob job…I don't think it was for huge boobs, but I can definitely attest to the fact that after kids, those things are *never* the same! Can't say that I blame her!

20. Oh I want to go to the Charleston Farmers Market just to check out the pasta! I also think the dress is adorable and looks great on you.

21. I actually thought that was a Marc Jacobs dress! I personally love it!! You are a knock out in that dress! OH and the ravioli looks divine!

22. I think the dress looks really cute on you! We bought a toothbrush that plays a song and then Jonah and Meredith like to brush their teeth with me while I brush mine so we make it a little game each night. A "do what I do" game if you will. Oh and love love love Lobster Ravioli…I have really been craving it lately! Have a great weekend!

23. SADBBLOG says:

you look amazing at the wedding! and that stripe dress looks beautiful on you! I say it's a great find!! and we sing a song while my little one brushes, and he has to brush for the entire song! Sometimes we play music and both brush the entire time……something to try maybe! šŸ˜‰

24. melinda says:

Love the dress ! Old Navy is looking better the last 2 years. About brushing the teeth — I was very slack on my first son maybe jr. high school he actually started to care not that he didn't brush until then — but I didn't have to harp so much. He is now 20 and has NEVER had a cavity !! Just sayin !!

25. Mel G says:

Love the Old Navy dress Nat! Definitely keep it. I am so excited BTW that you are adding a "Recipes" tab!

26. Bud and Leo says:

The black dress looks beautiful on you!!! Great choice! My hubs and I watched BMs for the 2nd time this weekend- so hilarious. And yes it totally looks like Nicole got a boob job- I'm shocked too! She's so boho-hippie I never thought she would! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! xo Lisa

27. Bridesmaids is definitely a hilarious movie and the striped dress looks amazing on you, I would definitely keep it!