Lets play a fun game today. Want to get to know me even better? Here are a few confessions. Since I shared mine its only fair you share one of yours!
*When someone introduces themselves to me I almost always blank out and forget their name. It is like my mind does something weird and I can never remember names the first time I meet someone. So sorry if you recently met me, please reintroduce yourself!
* I have been dying my hair since I was 13 and I am bit of a blonderexic. I never feel like my hair is blonde enough- its a real sickness people!
* Speaking of hair sometimes I only wash it twice a week. I usually just pull it back in a hair clip if it is not washed. This makes Sterling mad. Everyday he says “mama hair down please.” True story today at Starbucks the woman working there told me my hair looked nice (she sees me regularly) and I told her it was because I had actually washed and styled it that day.
* If I am drinking I prefer wine or straight liquor. I hate sugary mixers. I like my tequila straight and my vodka mixed with only fresh lemon juice.
* I am a major hypochondriac, like seriously. I google every little pain I have and then convince myself I am dying.
* Ever since having Sterling I have major anxiety driving on the highway. I am always so worried something will happen while I am driving and his life is in my hands. I’m crazy I know. I have even more anxiety when someone else is driving, I would rather be in control.
* I am sick of hearing about the election. People need to keep their mouths shut and quietly vote for who they want to instead of judging everyone else about their choices. Matt this means you- stop your posts on FB its annoying!!
* I have a slight obsession with gay men. Anderson Cooper, Andy Cohen, Nate Berkus, and Neil Patrick Harris are my gay dream team. I need a night out with them! Really I just need a gay bestie.
* Sometimes (ok alot of times) I just throw away plastic grocery bags instead of saving and recycling them. I get sick of seeing the used ones pile up.
* I am a neat freak but not a clean freak. I like no clutter out and about in my house, so I am always picking up things so it looks and appears clean, but I never do a deep clean. The last time my parents stayed here to babysit Sterling my dad mopped all my floors to show me the proper way to clean- that’s how bad it was.
* I hate to fly, it gives me anxiety thinking about. In order to fly I need several alcoholic beverages to calm myself down, then I am a decent flier. Everyone in my family argues over who has to sit with me when we fly because when I get nervous I turn into Chatty Cathy. I think talking alot is my coping mechanism to forget I am on a plane. Matt hates to fly too so God Bless Sterling I pray he doesn’t get that gene. I will put on a strong face for him when we do a family flight. (Unlike Aviva I do not expect a welcome party when I get on plane and fly somewhere).
* I never take pills. I never did any drugs in college and I still rarely even take medicine. I have to be really, really sick to result to medicine. I mean I never even take Tylenol. Alcohol is my only indulgence.
* I majored in journalism at UNC and always had big dreams of working at a fashion magazine (Vogue or Instyle) in NYC after college. That obviously never happened but sometimes I still dream about that life.
* I am a total book worm I love reading. There is no set genre I prefer to read, I love to read anything and everything that moves me. Matt often makes fun of me for getting so engrossed in a book.
* When I first found out I was having a boy I was a touch sad. I had always envisioned myself with a girl, in fact I was convinced I was having a girl. My mom, my sister and I have such a tight relationship I just always envisioned myself with a girl. Of course after actually birthing and having a baby you realize any healthy baby is such a blessing. Now I adore having a boy, Sterling is such a Mama’s boy, and the light of my life! I would be happy with a house full of boys! My one concern is when I am older, boys always take off with their wives and start a new life, and girls usually take care of their parents and stay in touch more. I fear Sterling will never call or visit me when he is older.
* During the day all I drink is water or unsweet green tea. I never have juice (only my green juice I make) or soft drinks.
* Halloween is my least favorite holiday and of course it is Sterling’s favorite. I am so not into decorating with ghosts, witches, and vampires but he loves it so I do it (Dollar Store Style of course, I am not spending lots of money on goblins etc).
* I am addicted to Reality TV, really nowadays it is the only TV I care to watch. There are so many negative things going on in the world I like to zone out and watch mindless TV- where the peeps are crazier than me!
* I have a closet filled with only dresses and purses. I have taken over two of the biggest closets in our house. My other closet is filled with blouses and jackets. Poor Matt and Sterling!
* I am terrified of sharks and only ever get in the water up to my knees. Matt finds this hilarious since he is a surfer and always out deep.
* One of my favorite places to shop is TJMaxx and Marshalls. I love the thrill of finding a good bargain. I don’t understand people who never shop there! You have to put in a little time looking but some great deals can be found there. I stop in ours about once a week.
* My favorite type of food is Mexican. I could eat it everyday.
Ok, so I have been brutally honest and now you probably think I am crazy but I promise I am not. We all have our issues! Please dish some secrets to make me feel better:)
+ view comments