This breakfast casserole is amazing. It is always a crowd pleaser and perfect for company! Both my mom and I made it last weekend for our guests and everyone absolutely loved it! If you want to, you can cook the sausage, onions and tomatoes a day early and then just assemble the casserole the day of to save time. Make this dish, I promise your guests and family will be asking for seconds!
EGG, SAUSAGE AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO CASSEROLE
– 1 pound Italian sweet sausage (I used Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage)
– 1/2 cup chopped shallots )about 3 shallots)
– 2 garlic cloves minced
– 1/2 cup chopped and drained sun dried tomatoes
– 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
– 5 large eggs
– 3 large egg yolks
– 1 cup half and half (I substituted skim milk)
– 1 cup whipping cream
– 2 cups grated mozzarella (I did half mozzarella half Gruyere)
DIRECTIONS1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Saute sausage until brown
3) Add shallots and garlic and saute about 5 minutes. Add in sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tbls parsley. Cook for 1-3 minutes. Spread sausage mixture into bottom of baking dish.
4) Whisk eggs, egg yolks, half and half, whipping cream, and 1.5 cups mozzarella. Pour over sausage mixture.
5) Sprinkle with remaining cheese and parsley.
6) Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Print Recipe HERE
+ view comments