If you don’t have an Our Place Always pan you are truly missing out. About a year ago when I moved I decided to streamline my kitchen and get rid of my pots, pans and tools that I never used. I cleaned out so much and then saw an ad for the Our Place pan and promptly ordered it (this was way before I started working with them). This is hands down my most used pan because it serves so many purposes – it can be a fry pan, a sauce pan, a skillet, a steamer, a saucepan the list goes on. I personally love that it comes with a steamer basket and wooden spoon with a built-in rest. This just makes cooking that much easier. Before I had a steamer that never really fit right in any of my pans and this one because it is made just for this pan fits and works perfectly every single time.
This pan had a waitlist of 30,000 people at one point in time, so if you don’t take my word on that trust the masses. It is a purchase you will be so glad you have! With Mother’s Day approaching this would make a fabulous Mother’s Day gift. I actually gifted my parents one and my Dad said it is now is favorite pan as well. It is truly non-stick so when he makes his famous pancakes nothing sticks!! Cleaning is also a breeze because nothing ever sticks.
I wanted to share a one pot recipe today that I use my Always Pan for. There are so many one pot meals you can use this pan for, which equals less dishes to clean up later. This dish I am sharing today is a Loaded Mediterrean Veggie Orzo with a Zesty Lemon Vinaigrette.
I use the steamer for this recipe to cook both the orzo and steam the asparagus. Double duty, I don’t even change the water, I just dump out the orzo to a bowl and then add the asparagus right back into the steamer. Super easy.
I also want to mention the genius of having the arms on each side of the steamer to then use the wooden spoon too lift it out.
After I cook the orzo and steam the asparagus I then remove the remove and use the actual pan to finish the dish!
Also I have to mention the Our Place servingware it is all we use these days! The bowls are so good and the perfect size for pasta, cereal, salads anything- and they stack together so nicely. We love the plates and glasses as well! These make wonderful wedding gifts as well!
You can use code NATALIE10 to save 10% off your entire order!! Thanks to Our Place for partnering on this post!
- 1 cup Dry Orzo
- 1 cup Spinach, shredded
- 1/4 cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 bunch Asparagus, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 4 oz. jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 Red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 baby cucumbers, diced
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- In the Always Pan, bring water to a boil and pour one cup orzo in steamer basket. Let cook 10 minutes or until tender. Remove orzo and place in a bowl to cool.
- Add asparagus in steamer basket and place back in hot water. Cook 2-3 minutes just to lightly blanch the asparagus. Remove asparagus and set aside. Pour out water from pan and wipe dry.
- In the pan, add a drizzle of olive oil and add in the spinach, asparagus, and artichokes and slightly sauté. Then add in orzo, cherry tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives, cucumber, feta and mix all together.
- Mix dressing ingredients - olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red wine vinegar, basil, parsley, chives, salt and pepper in a shaker or bowl. Pour over cooled orzo and mix all together!
+ view comments