There is a spot here called Chicken Salad Chick where all they serve is different kinds of chicken salad. It’s kind of genius! They probably have 20 different kinds but my favorite there is the Jalapeño Holly. I decided to create my own version at home and it turned out fantastic! If you like a little spice and heat you will love this chicken salad. It is great alone, on lettuce wraps, with crackers, on a sandwich so many ways to enjoy it!!
Below are a few ways I enjoyed it!
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, cooked (I used two large ones, you could also use a Rotisserie Chicken)
- 4-5 Grillos Spicy Pickles, finely diced
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 3 tbsp Pickled Jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Mayo
- 1 tbsp Pickle Juice
- 1 tbsp Pickled Jalapeño Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the chicken. I boil mine for 25 minutes then let sit to cool.
- Shred the chicken breasts into pieces and place in a bowl. In that same bowl add diced red onion, pickled jalapeños, and diced pickles.
- In a small bowl add Greek Yogurt, Mayo, pickle juice, pickled jalapeño juice, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Whisk all together.
- Pour dressing over chicken salad and mix all together. Taste add more salt and pepper if needed. I ended up adding more jalapeños to ours because we like it spicy so taste to your liking!