I think everyone loves a good piece of Blueberry Bread if you don’t you are crazy! With all my trips to the Farmers Market, I have had an abundance of fresh blueberries and knew I needed to whip together some bread. I love the fact that this bread is made with yogurt and the lemon zest gives it such a bright flavor. This bread is not super sweet which I like, it mainly gets its sweetness from the berries. If you want it sweeter I suggest adding more sugar or use vanilla yogurt- I used plain Greek yogurt. The best way to eat this bread is warm smeared with butter and drizzled with honey- pure heaven I tell you!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, regular or lowfat
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder and salt. Add the blueberries and lemon zest and toss to combine.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, oneat a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yogurt then thedry ingredients, mixing only until incorporated and being careful not tocrush the blueberries.
- Scoop batterinto your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, until goldenbrown. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting gently onto aplate.