Last week I was hosting a playgroup at my house and needed a quick and easy appetizer to make for the ladies to pair with our wine. I wanted to use things I had on hand. I had a wheel of Brie left from Sterling’s birthday so I knew I wanted to make some sort of baked Brie. I googled it and came across this fabulous recipe for Baked Brie with Cranberries and Candied Walnuts. This is the best thing you will ever put in your mouth, trust me. It was hard to stop eating it, it was that good. I present to you this delish recipe for Baked Brie, Enjoy!
- 1 wheel Double-churned Brie Cheese
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and then whisk in the brown sugar. Take off the heat and let cool for twenty minutes, whisking every five to keep butter and brown sugar from separating.
- Stir in half of the walnuts (1/4 cup) to coat and place them onto wax paper to let the mixture harden.
- Cut the brie in half and stuff with cranberries and the rest of the butter and brown sugar mixture. Put the top back on and cover with the remaining cranberries and walnut.
- Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes until good and melted.
- Take out and transfer to a pretty plate, then sprinkle with the candied walnuts. Cut into pie-shaped wedges (or adorn with a cheese knife) and serve.